- 1. DO NOT teach the letter names such as ‘ ei ‘ for the letter ‘a , ‘ bi ‘ for the letter ‘ b ‘ because this technique is not guarantee helping the kids to read. It is best just to teach them using alphabet cart.
- 2. Do not teach children to spell the letters in the words because it is involving two processes of learning: recognising the letter and spelling.
- 3. Do not teach children identify letter sounds while identifying the name of the letter at once, such as saying ‘ ei ‘ (the letter ‘a’ ) sounds ‘a’ because the child does not need to know the name of the letter to read .
- 4. Do not teach children to memorize any syllable or word in the beginning of reading learning because it will burden the children.
- 5. DO NOT teach the UPPER LETTER to the child because this is not important to children at an early stage.